Water notices due 7 December 2021. More info.

You are here Home About Council Contact us

Contact us

How to contact us

  • Mail addressed to PO Box 21, EMERALD QLD 4720
  • By phone on 1300 242 686
  • By email to enquiries@chrc.qld.gov.au for general enquiries and tplanning@chrc.qld.gov.au for town planning enquiries/lodgements
  • For after hours urgent matters please call 1300 242 686 and follow the prompts.
  • Or visit us at the following customer service centres (if absolutely necessary).

Visit our Customer service charter page for information on our customer service delivery and how you can provide feedback on your experience.

Comments and compliments

Service and information requests

  • I want to request a service

    We encourage everyone to report any problems or issues they see around the region, whether you live here or not. Knowing about an issue means we can take steps to fix it or improve it as soon as possible.

    Request for council assistance with things like potholes, leaking water pipes, graffiti, damaged public amenities, dumped rubbish, animal attacks, overgrown allotments and the like.

    How can I request service?

    1. Lodge a customer request via our online services portal. Provide as much information about the problem as you can. We will only use your personal information to contact you if we need more details to action the request.
    2. Report on the go from your mobile device with the Snap Send Solve app. Upload a photo and a geocode to help our teams assess the situation better. Get the app free from the App Store or Google play
    3. Call our customer service centre on 1300 242 686 Our friendly customer service officers will take down the details of your problem and some contact information and log the problem into our customer request system. We have an after-hours service for emergency situations – like fallen trees, broken water pipes and animal attacks.
  • I want to request information

    Council is committed to providing the community with open and transparent access to information about council services, activities and business operations.

    You can check to see if the information you seek is already available by searching here on our website, or by contacting us on 1300 242 686. Many council documents are also available for inspection or purchase at our customer service centres.

    For information that is not normally publicly available, you will need to make an application under the Right to Information Act or Information Privacy Act.

    Find out more information and lodge an application on our Right to Information page.


  • I want to lodge a complaint
    • In person at our administration centres or by calling 1300 242 686
    • By completing the Administrative Action Complaint Form and lodge by fax or mail to:The Chief Executive Officer
      PO Box 21
      Emerald Qld 4720

    We will accept anonymous complaints, however, if insufficient information is provide we may refuse to investigate.

  • I am not satisfied with the outcome of my complaint

    Ask to be referred to the immediate supervisor, manager or general manager of the department. We will endeavour to review the matter and respond to your complaint immediately. However, if this is not possible we will provide an interim response within 5 business days and provide regular updates on the progress of your issue until it is resolved.

    If you cannot reach a satisfactory outcome for your complaint you may want to refer it to the Queensland Ombudsman.

  • Administrative action complaints
    • A complaint regarding how a previous request that personally affects you has been handled.
    • A request to review a decision or action made by council that personally affects you.
    • A request for a service such as a replacement waste bin is not addressed under the complaints process.

    According to section 268 of the Local Government Act 2009, an administrative action complaint is a complaint that:

    (a) is about an administrative action of a local government, including the following, for example—

    (i) a decision, or a failure to make a decision, including a failure to provide a written statement of reasons for a decision;

    (ii) an act, or a failure to do an act;

    (iii) the formulation of a proposal or intention;

    (iv) the making of a recommendation; and

    (b) is made by an affected person.

  • Public interest disclosure

    A public interest disclosure (PID) is a disclosure about wrongdoing in the public sector that serves the public interest.

    For an allegation to be considered a PID under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 it must be:

    • public interest information about serious wrongdoing or danger,
    • an appropriate disclosure, and
    • made to a proper authority.
    If you have information about wrongdoing in the public sector, it is in the interests of all Queenslanders that you disclose that information to someone with the power to act.Disclosures by members of the public and public sector employees help uncover corruption, misuse of public resources and poor administration.  Reporting wrongdoing allows the matter to be investigated and action taken. This stops the corruption, misuse of resources or wrongdoing from continuing and helps public sector agencies prevent it happening again.The act encourages people to make public interest disclosures and provides protections to those who do.The Queensland Ombudsman provides a checklist for making a public interest disclosure.Once you reach Step 3 of the checklist, make your disclosure by phoning us on 1300 242 686, emailing enquiries@chrc.qld.gov.au or completing the online form.
  • Competitive neutrality complaints

    Competitive neutrality is the policy that a public sector business, or agency, should not have a competitive advantage (or disadvantage) over the private sector solely due to their government ownership.

    We are committed to ongoing compliance with National Competition Policy (NCP) principles and also National Water Commission and Council of Australian Governments (COAG) water reform initiatives. Our Competition and Water Reform Policy (see Policies) aims to provide a summary of Council’s ongoing commitment in meeting its legislative obligations.

  • Councillor conduct complaints

    A complaint about the conduct or performance of a councillor can be made by a ratepayer or member of the public by contacting the chief executive officer of the local government to which the councillor belongs.

    You can reach contact our CEO Scott Mason:

    • By mail addressed to Chief Executive Officer
      Central Highlands Regional Council
      PO Box 21
      Emerald  QLD  4720
    • By emailing our enquiries@chrc.qld.gov.au and asking for him to contact you.
    • By calling 1300 242 686 and requesting a call from the CEO

    Our Code of Conduct for Councillors Policy (see Policies) sets out the standards of behaviour expected of Councillors of the Central
    Highlands Regional Council. The requirements of this code are in addition to the roles, responsibilities and obligations of
    Councillors, as set out in the Local Government Act 2009.

  • Confidential disclosure hotline

    We all want a fair and honest place to work. Fraud, corruption or other illegal conduct can have a negative effect on our workplace. Council encourages the reporting of inappropriate conduct and is committed to protecting and supporting those making disclosures.

    By reporting fraud, corruption and other illegal activities, you can help us ensure our workplace retains a reputation for integrity by following sound and equitable business ethics.

    You do not have to identify yourself when making a report, but remember that employees wishing to raise allegations must do so ‘in good faith’, i.e. you must hold a reasonable belief that the allegation has or is likely to occur and the allegation is not made for personal gain.

    We recognise that the reporting of matters of misconduct (especially against work colleagues) is difficult. To affirm the integrity of this function, we will, as far as practicable, ensure the confidentiality of information provided.

Emergency Management Dashboard

Up-to-date weather, road closure and disaster information.