Council adopted an amendment to its Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) at its general meeting on 24 March 2021.
The amended LGIP replaces the existing one in Part 4 and Schedule 3 of the Central Highlands Regional Council Planning Scheme 2016, and associated mapping and support materials.
Improvements of the amended LGIP include:
- It identifies and plans which trunk infrastructure is needed now and in the future.
- It supports coordinated, efficient and financially sustainable development.
- It assists decision-making for proposed developments and associated trunk infrastructure requirements.
- It assists in long-term asset management and financial planning.
The adoption also triggered an update to council’s Charges Resolution 12.2 (2017). It ensures alignment with legislative requirements of the Planning Regulation 2017 and the amended LGIP. There is no change to the total adopted charge amounts. Charges Resolution 13 (2021) will commence on 19 April 2021.
- View the LGIP in council’s ePlan online in Part 4 – Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
- More on infrastructure charges and Charges Resolution 13 (2021).
- View the public notice in print format.
For questions about the LGIP or the charges resolution, email council’s town planning team or call 1300 242 686.