Central Highlands Regional Council encourages senior high school students to apply for its school-based traineeships before 7 May 2019.
Mayor Kerry Hayes said council is offering seven positions across a range of disciplines in partnership with training provider MRAEL.
‘This is an opportunity not to be missed,’ Mayor Hayes said.
‘A school-based traineeship gives students the opportunity to learn workplace skills, gain confidence and adapt to a work environment while offering variety and flexibility for young people who prefer hands-on learning.
‘Traineeships commence in June and students will be working with council one day per week towards a total of 50 days in one year.’
The following traineeships are available:
- Certificate II Horticulture – Blackwater
- Certificate II Horticulture – Emerald
- Certificate II Water Operations – Blackwater
- Certificate II Civil Construction – Springsure
- Certificate III Business Administration – Springsure
- Certificate III Business Administration – Capella
- Certificate III Business Administration – Emerald
To apply, visit MRAEL’s website. Students will need to create a profile and upload a resume for each position they apply for.