From inspirational speakers to trivia events, the Central Highlands Regional Council will recognise and celebrate the diverse achievements of local women and girls at free International Women’s Day events across the region.
Kicking off on Thursday 4 March, this weeklong celebration will consist of a variety of local events hosted by each region’s libraries.
‘One special part about living in such a diverse region with people from all walks of life, is taking opportunities to understand, learn from and celebrate each other’s achievements,’ Councillor Christine Rolfe said.
‘With International Women’s Day right around the corner, I encourage everyone to take the opportunity to attend one of our International Women’s Day events and spend some time getting to know the incredible women who make up our community.’
Here is the full list of this year’s International Women’s Day events:
- Tieri – Meet and Greet the Women of Tieri – 10.30 am to 12.30 pm, Thursday 4 March
- Duaringa – International Women’s Day event – 10 am to 12 pm, Thursday 4 March
- Emerald – Trivia morning tea – 10.30 am to 12.00 pm, Monday 8 March
- Rolleston – Morning tea with guest speaker Kay Becker – 10 am
- Blackwater – Morning tea – 10 am, Tuesday 9 March
- Gemfields – Meet and greet supper – 7 pm – 8 pm, Tuesday 9 March
- Dingo – Morning tea – 10 am, Wednesday 10 March
- Capella – Morning tea with guest speaker Kim Thompson from CTM Links – 10 am – 11.30 am, Thursday 11 March
- Springsure – Morning tea – 10 am, Thursday 11 March
To see more of our International Women’s Day celebrations be sure to follow CHRC on Facebook.