UPDATE: We are excited to have our library members back in our branches, but things aren’t quite back to normal yet. Find out more here.
Our Click & Collect program will continue to operate, but with limited services. This means you will still be able to reserve and collect items from outside your local library quickly and fuss-free during opening times.
While Central Highlands libraries are closed to the public, staff have been busy developing alternative services behind the scenes.
A new Click & Collect program, complying with current health and safety directives, will be available at all library branches from Monday 6 April 2020.
General Manager Communities John McDougall said the initiative was an example of innovation at work in these unprecedented times.
‘Like other businesses across the region, we are learning to adapt so we can continue to deliver essential services to our communities,’ he said.
‘This program will allow people to keep accessing resources that could be vital for their work, study, educating their children or even just for their mental health. It gives people a bit of normality to hold on to.’
Mr McDougall said council would continue to monitor and align with all government restrictions.
Here’s how Click & Collect works:
- Log-in, search our online catalogue, and place a hold. Choose items from your local branch to avoid delays.
- If you prefer, call us on 1300 242 686, to make your selection.
- We’ll call you to let you know when and where your item is ready for collection.
- Collect your item.
- To return an item, place it in your library’s after-hours chute.
- Click & Collect is only available via this process. Please don’t visit the library unless our staff contact you and invite you to collect an item.
- Let your friends and family know about this service. If they’re not already a library member they can join over the phone or online to access knowledge, entertainment, education and inspiration in the coming months.
- To enable us to provide this service, we’ve established a rigorous sanitisation protocol to ensure your and our health and safety.
- Central Highlands libraries continue to provide an extensive online service. Become a member today to access magazines, audiobooks, movies and more via our apps and website. There’s something for all ages!