Rural Financial Counselling Service Southern Queensland (RFCS-SQ) provides free, impartial, confidential and responsive rural financial counselling services across Southern Queensland. Through the Rural Financial Counselling Service Programme (RFCS), we support and assist eligible farmers, fishers, forest growers, harvesters and small related rural businesses who are experiencing financial hardship and assist them to understand their financial position and adopt strategies to allow them to become financially self-sufficient.. The RFCS Programme in Queensland is funded by the Australian Government and the Queensland Government.
What rural financial counsellors CAN do -
* analyse business performance & understand your financial position
* develop cash flow budgets and projection
* explore & identify options (business & risk management planning) to improve financial self-sufficiency
* prepare for succession planning
* prepare for and facilitate meetings with lenders
* access Government Assistance and information
* prepare for and manage events such as droughts, floods and fire
* provide referrals to professionals and agencies
Rural financial counsellors CANNOT provide financial advice, succession planning advice, act as a mediator, provide social or family counselling, but they CAN provide referrals to appropriate professionals and information on how to prepare for discussions with experts.