The Central Highlands Regional Council has endorsed 13 face-to-face community consultations across the region in 2021, with more to be scheduled.
Mayor Kerry Hayes said the consultations are an opportunity to meet councillors, ask questions, raise concerns and receive updates on projects in the area.
‘The consultations are an open forum and a source of valuable insight for both councillors and community members,’ Mayor Hayes said.
‘We discuss issues, receive and give feedback and find out about peoples’ priorities in each area.’
Mayor Hayes said people should submit specific questions or discussion topics via council’s online engagement platform Have Your Say at least two weeks before the consultation.
‘We’re usually accompanied by senior council staff who can provide in–depth background information on the spot,’ he said.
‘But by submitting specific questions or topics of concern beforehand, we can make sure to provide the best information and advice and resolve issues on the day.’
Submissions open one month before the consultation and are open for two weeks. To submit a question go to ‘Have your say’.
Community Consultation schedule 2021
- Capella Cultural Centre | 24 February | 4.00 pm
- Buckland Recreation Club | 30 March | 9.30 am
- Orion Recreation Hall |23 April | 4.30 pm
- Blackwater Civic Centre | 26 May | 4.00 pm
- Willows Recreation Centre | 7 July | 9.30 am
- Bogantungan Railway Tea Rooms | 7 July | 12.30 pm
- Theresa Creek, Clermont- Rubyvale Road | 8 July | 9.30 am
- Sapphire Gemfields – Rubyvale Hall | 8 July | 1.30 pm
- Gindie Tennis Club | 20 July | 4.00 pm
- Lochington Recreation Club | 17 August | 1.00 pm
- Carnarvon Gorge and Toprain – Rolleston Hall | 31 August | 9.00 am
- Emerald Town Hall supper room | 8 September | 4.00 pm
- Springsure – Bauhinia Community Hall | 20 October | 4.00 pm
Refreshments will be provided. All events are subject to COVIDSafe requirements and restrictions at the time.
More consultations to be scheduled
Council resolved to investigate further dates for consultations for Duaringa, Dingo, Bluff, Yamala and Comet, and Arcadia Valley.
To develop the schedule and locations, council consulted key community stakeholders. People living in areas not listed are encouraged to attend a consultation closest to their home. Alternatively, those people may wish to engage with council via their local community reference group.