Keep the kids’ minds active these school holidays with an entertaining line up of fun and free activities across the Central Highlands’ libraries.
Central Highlands Regional Council’s Coordinator Libraries Kira Nuss said school holiday activities have been planned across all libraries.
‘Our school holiday program is full of fun activities with arts, crafts, tech time and story time for children of all ages,’ she said.
‘As 2018 is the international year of the reef, a lot of our activities will be based around the topic, from movies to craft sessions and even Lego play time.
‘The culmination of works will be displayed in each library in form of a reef display.
‘A highlight will certainly be the robotics fun, where children will learn how to use the super-fast sphereos robots, buzz around with our bee-bots, get our little ozobots to navigate a colour-coded labyrinth and check out the drones in action.’
- Tuesday 10 July at 10.00 am – Craft – Turtles and wall hangings
- Thursday 12 July at 10.00 am – Craft – Jellyfish and lobsters
- Friday 6 July at 10.00 am – Lego play from 4 years and older
- Friday 6 July at 2.30 pm – Maker space – Reef box diorama
- Monday 9 July at 2.30 pm – Lego play – Sea animals
- Tuesday and Wednesday 10/ 11 July – 1.00 pm – Robotics fun at The Village, Emerald
- Wednesday 11 July at 2.30 pm – Movie afternoon – Finding Dory
- Thursday 12 July at 2.30 pm – Board Games
- Friday 13 July at 2.30 pm – Craft – Reef animals
- Thursday 12 July at 10.30 am – Story time followed by craft and playtime
- Thursday 12 July at 1.00 pm – Robotics fun
For more information, please contact your local library or call council on 1300 242 686 and follow the CHRC Libraries and Central Highlands Regional Council Facebook page.