On average, eight deaths by suicide occur in Australia each day.
Suicide remains the leading cause of death for Australians aged between 15 and 44. Many of these deaths could be prevented, yet most of us remain unaware of the signs that someone is at risk, or how we can respond.
Family, friends and the wider community can all make a significant difference in helping people stay safe, seek support and re-establish reasons for living.
For this reason we’re partnering with UnitingCare, CTM Links, the Queensland Government and Lifeline to run suicide prevention training courses in Capella, Comet, Emerald, The Gemfields and Tieri.
This free training will equip you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone may be at risk and how to help them stay safe.
All sessions will run for 3 hours. Dates and times below:
Thursday 28 February 2019
- 9.00 am at Tieri Civic Centre – Flyer here
Friday 1 March 2019
- 10.00 am at Capella Cultural Centre – Flyer here
Saturday 2 March 2019
- 9.00 am at Comet School of Arts Hall – Flyer here
- 3.00 pm at Emerald Town Hall Supper Room – Flyer here
Sunday 3 March 2019
- 2.30 pm at Sapphire Hall – Flyer here
Monday 4 March 2019
- 10.00 am at Emerald Town Hall Supper Room – Flyer here
Please register to Annette Burton by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 4980 5504.