Thanks to the Central Highlands Libraries’ digital printing service ‘Princh’, you can now lodge and pay for a print request from the comfort of your couch.
Princh sends your print jobs straight to a library printer from your phone, tablet or laptop and you simply pay for it online.
As library branches are currently closed, customers will need to phone in details of their print jobs and arrange for collection – similar to the Click & Collect program currently in place which enables customers to continue to borrow resources.
Central Highlands Regional Council General Manger Communities John McDougall said Princh will be of great benefit to people who don’t have a printer at home.
“During this challenging time, many people are adapting to working from home or guiding their children through home schooling. Some people may not have access to printers at home and this service will make it easier for them to print the documents they need,” Mr McDougall said.
“Of course, this service will continue to provide many benefits to customers after COVID-19 restrictions have eased. Customers can now organise document printing at any time and from any location. For example, you may remember you need to print a train ticket while you’re cooking dinner at home. You can quickly do this on your home device and pick it up at the library the next day.”
Protocols are in place to ensure confidentiality and security of customers’ documentation is maintained.
Steps for printing with Princh:
2. Open Princh to print. When entering your print job, enter your preferred library print location pickup code:
- Blackwater – 102163
- Capella – 102165
- Dingo – 102167
- Duaringa – 102168
- Emerald – 102160
- Gemfields – 102170
- Rolleston – 102169
- Tieri – 102166
- Springsure – implementation is delayed due to refurbishment underway.
3. Call council on 1300 242 686 to be connected to your local branch to advise the staff your:
- phone number
- document number
- total number of pages to be printed.
Library staff will collect your print job and place it at the Click & Collect point for you to pick up.
4. For print jobs that are requested to be sent via post, select the Emerald code 102168 and call library staff to advise your address.