In Australia, lightning accounts for 5-10 deaths and over 100 injuries annually. Approximately 25% of people killed by lightning are playing sport. For the safety of all pool users we require all of our community pool attendants to evacuate facilities during thunderstorms.
In the event of a severe storm please follow all instructions given by facility staff. The pool will not reopen until at least 30 minutes after the last lightning strike.
Tips for staying safe in severe storms:
- Evacuate pool immediately
- Seek shelter indoors and stay well clear of windows, doors and skylights
- Stay tuned in to warnings via radio
- Secure pets and loose items
- If driving, stop clear of trees, power lines and streams
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support in this matter.