Central Highlands Regional Council Ranger Services will now offer customer service through the ranger’s office at 68 Borilla Street, Emerald.
Council’s rangers already undertake a wide range of duties, liaise with external organisations and provide services to the public on the road.
The office provides a point of contact for people to come and have questions answered that specifically relate to services provided by rangers, including:
- Animal management and control, including permits.
- 1080 baiting and wildlife management.
- Livestock management in public places and stock routes.
- Agistment on council-owned land and miner’s commons.
- Plant and animal pest management, including wash-down facilities.
- Overgrown allotments.
- Abandoned vehicles and other items.
The office will be staffed from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
The ranger’s office won’t be processing payments so any services requiring payment will still need to be made at council’s main office. Dogs can be surrendered at the ranger’s office, however people are not encouraged to approach roaming dog but contact council’s rangers on 1300 242 686.