Rural landholders are invited to the annual Central Highlands Regional Council Rural Services meeting on 20 March 2020 at the Emerald Town Hall from 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
Representatives from rural organisations and government will be covering a range of topics with a focus on stock route management and pest management.
The following organisations will be present at the meeting:
- Central Highlands Regional Council – Review of Stock Route Network Management Plan
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) – Stock routes, animal welfare, fit for travel and more
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (DNRME) – Stock routes
- Department of Environment and Sciences
- Fitzroy Basin Association (FBA) – General land care and services
- Central Highlands Regional Resources Use Planning Cooperative Limited (CHRRUP) – General services
Question time will follow the presentations as well as a barbecue meet and greet.
The Rural Services Meeting brings together landholders, government and rural organisations to talk about service delivery to the rural community, key issues, share best practice and work together.
If you’re unable to attend and would like to provide input on the draft of council’s reviewed Stock Route Network Management Plan, visit Have Your Say. Feedback is open until 27 March 2020.