Encouraging the community to shine a light on wellness as part of Queensland Mental Health Week, the Central Highlands annual wellness expo returns this October.
Join Central Highlands Regional Council and a collective of wellness vendors from across the state anytime from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm on Thursday 14 October 2021 at the Emerald Town Hall.
The expo will provide attendees with the opportunity to chat with wellness vendors from across the region, participate in a variety of activities and listen to guest speakers.
‘This expo will be an excellent opportunity to remind ourselves of the importance of positive mental health and wellbeing,’ guest speaker Councillor Christine Rolfe said.
‘We are fortunate to have a large number of wellness vendors in the region who will be sharing information on the variety of different services they offer throughout the expo.’
‘I encourage everyone to use this opportunity to make your wellbeing a priority and find a service that suits your individual needs.’
Whether you are stopping in for the free sausage sizzle while wandering through the expo or attending one of the activities listed below, be sure to block out time to participate in the wellness expo.
Visit the Facebook event for more information.
Make sure to schedule your visit around the activities listed below:
- 10.00 am – Introduction with Paula Edwards Anglicare Central Queensland
- 10.30 am – Guest speaker Councillor Christine Rolfe
- 11.00 am – Line Dancers
- 11.30 am – Mindful movement with Natasha Seaswright from Anglicare Central Queensland
- 1.30 pm – Parenting and Mental Health with Pauline Watkin from Anglicare Central Queensland
- 2.00 pm – Line Dancers
- 3.00 pm – Youth mental health with Josie
- 3.30 pm – Women’s Group Boat Race with Anglicare Central Queensland
- 4.00 pm – Drumming activity