Water notices due 7 December 2021. More info.

You are here Home Building, planning & projects Building & renovating Forms, Fees & Information

Forms, Fees & Information

  • Building application forms

    The development assessment (DA) forms are the approved forms under the Planning Act 2016 and must be used for applications lodged under this Act (all applications lodged from the 03 July 2017). These forms replace the IDAS forms that were required under the previous legislation; the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.

    The DA form 2 is required when lodging any building application.

    When lodging a Class 10 building application (pergolas, domestic sheds, garages, pools etc.) please refer to the Class 10 applicant checklist and schedule of fees.

    When lodging a Class 1 building application (dwellings) please refer to the Class 1 applicant checklist and schedule of fees.

  • Site plan

    All development applications require a site plan to be submitted.

    A site plan must show the location of all structures on the property. The following details must be shown on the site plan:

    • Location of the proposed structure or building
    • Setbacks from boundaries. (Always to the outermost projection of the structure (fascia))
    • Any existing buildings should be clearly marked
    • Location of the road and street name
    • Location and dimensions of any easements
    • Total floor area of proposed structure
    • Scale of plans
    • Building platform level and finished floor level (for all habitable buildings)
    • Positions where the heights of retaining walls vary
    • Driveway location
    • Location of swimming pool fences, gates and filtration equipment
    • Extent of paving and concrete paths.
  • Building search request & inspection requests

    search/inspection request form is to be completed for the following searches:

    • Building Record searches
    • Building Approval Compliance Inspections

    The approved building & plumbing plans request form is to be completed when requesting:

    • Building and plumbing Class 1 & 10 plans
    • Building and plumbing Class 2 – 9 plans

    The fee for copies of building and plumbing plans will be advised once file is retrieved and requested files are copied.

    Please return completed forms to enquiries@chrc.qld.gov.au

  • Swimming pools

    If you are considering installing a spa or swimming pool, please ensure that you check if there are any requirements for fencing and building approvals. You will find that for most installations, a fence will be required and development approval must be obtained for the pool or spa (including the fence) before any work commences.

    Note: The Queensland Development Code defines a swimming pool as a structure that is capable of being filled to a depth of 300 mm, or has a volume of more than 2000 litres, or has a filtration system.

    For more information on swimming pool fencing visit the Queensland Building and Construction Commission website.

    A swimming pool compliance inspection request form is to be completed when any spa, wading, in ground or above ground pool inspection is required. Under the QBCC, pool inspection certificates are valid for two years and are required when selling or renting your property. (Please note: in some cases owners consent will be required)

  • Boundary relaxation

    All applications for relaxation require a detailed site plan. Please contact the nearest council office to find out the necessary boundary setback distances in your town.

    Application for boundary dispensation/relaxation – (All boundaries)

  • Dividing fences

    Dividing fences of individual allotments are controlled by the Queensland Neighbourhood Disputes (Dividing Fences and Trees) Act 2011.

    Fences of less than two metres in height (above the level of ‘natural ground’) do not require council approval in most cases.

    The Queensland Government website has information about avoiding fence, tree and building disputes.

  • Owner builders

    Within the building permit process an owner builder is an owner of a property that takes on the responsibilities of the builder. To be an owner builder you need to meet a certain criteria and understand both your obligations and restrictions.

    It is a requirement under the Queensland Building Services Authority Act 1991  that if you perform or coordinate domestic building work on your property for a single project of a value of $11,000 or more you must hold an owner builder permit.

    For all the information about becoming an owner builder visit the Queensland Building and Construction Commission.

  • Asbestos

    For all the latest information on asbestos for home owners and builders visit the Queensland Government’s asbestos information websiteContact council to find out where to dispose of asbestos within the Central Highlands’ local government area.

Emergency Management Dashboard

Up-to-date weather, road closure and disaster information.