The Central Highlands 2022 Community Plan was developed with extensive community engagement and took effect from 1 July 2012.
The 10-year plan provides a long-term ‘road map’ for the Central Highlands, setting out goals, priorities and aspirations for our 13 unique place communities as well as the whole region.
The benefits of having a community plan include:
- Improvement of community liveability.
- Maintaining regional and local identity.
- Planning for future development .
- Assistance to manage local environments.
- Stimulation of regional growth.