The Central Highlands Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee (CHACAC):
CHACAC is a council committee established to encourage the participation and optimum service delivery for CHRC communities in arts, cultural and heritage programs, projects and activities.
- Provide input and community perspectives into council’s strategic documents related to arts, culture and heritage.
- Support implementation of council’s strategic documents related to arts, culture and heritage.
- Advocate on behalf of the region’s arts, culture and heritage communities.
- Seek external funds to support arts, culture and heritage projects, programs and activities.
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) program duties.
As a committee member you will share your knowledge of arts, cultural and heritage sectors to:
- Provide expert advice on issues affecting the arts, cultural and heritage sectors in our region.
- Identify strategic directions for the arts, cultural and heritage sectors.
- Provide leadership in the development and review of arts, culture and heritage policies and strategies.
- Evaluate applications and projects to receive Regional Arts Development Funding (RADF) for endorsement by council.
- Provide a conduit for broader sector and community engagement in consultation processes.
- Implement the Creative Cultural Futures Strategy and Heritage Action Plan in partnership with council and community.
- Attendance at RADF assessment meetings, planning and project meetings, community engagement activities.
- And much more.
Read the full terms of reference for CHACAC members.